Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter

For Easter we always go to Cocoabean Chocolate in Launceston.  Their chocolate is di-vine!!  This year we bought everyone two little bunnies is a clear box.  They are the cutest little bunnies and it will be a shame to eat them.  I also bought a box of Tea Tonic dark chocolate and black tea, hoping to make Easter last longer than the chocolate and giving the adults a grown up treat. And now because it is still two more days until Easter and I don't have to go to work, I thought I'd try and make them look pretty in their wrapping.





I made these cute little tags to put on the Easter baskets.  I can't believe how easy it is to make something like this in a word processing program.  The rabbit is actually the letter "r" of a font that is animal silhouettes instead of letters.  You may have guessed, I love Donna Hay magazine and it arrived yesterday, so after I read it I knew I wanted to make blue and brown themed Easter gifts the same as Donna's signature colors! Plus chocolate is brown.


I also have been going to my favorite craft site, craft gawker.  I love seeing the creative articles and getting inspiration from this site.  On there I found a crochet pattern for Easter bunnies from Craft, and with best intentions I set out to make the pair.  I haven't crocheted for over a year so it took a little longer than I thought, but I did manage to make Edward in time for Easter (sorry for the terrible photo!).




On Easter morning, my beautiful husband took these pictures for me.  From left to right: Edward Bunny and two little chocolate bunnies for our little 3 year old cousin; plum pickle for everyone; and the tea bags and plum pickle all nicely wrapped together.  








No comments:

Post a Comment